Home energy makeover
September 25 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pmFREE
In this friendly, interactive workshop you will go through the steps of giving your home an energy makeover. By the end you will:
- Know how to use price comparison websites to find the cheapest deal (and how to trust that it is the real cheapest deal!)
- Find out about what extra help and grants are available.
- Understand what on earth your bill means!
- Feel confident about installing some basic energy efficiency measures.
Kingston University London will join us for the session to share the results of their Hastings-based ‘Living Lab’. The researchers will share insights on how to save energy, based on findings from ENERGISE, a three-year, EU-funded project in which they are a partner.
The session will address how participants in the energy ‘living labs’ carried out for the project were able to change everyday routines linked with keeping warm at home and doing the laundry. It invites workshop attendees to consider the wider significance of the project for reducing household consumption in other aspects of energy use and for enabling the transformation of the energy system.
After hearing details of the study all participants will be given the opportunity to come up with their own energy-saving challenge.
- Booking required
- Free event
- Please email to check any accessibility requirements