- This event has passed.
Hastings Car Free Day Street Party
September 22 @ 12:00 pm - 6:00 pmFREE
Imagine the seafront road with no traffic!
Car Free Day is a global event which invites towns and cities to experience the streets of their towns free of cars.
Hastings’s first-ever Car Free Day celebration will take place on a stretch of the seafront road from Warrior Square Gardens to the White Rock Theatre (Eversfield Place to Verulam Place). It will be an opportunity for the community to come together and celebrate this recognised day, as well as sustainable forms of transport.
A range of family-friendly activities including:
- Source Park BMX bikes, skateboard trials and obstacles
- Bike rides and bike races with Bike Lab and Hastings Urban Bikes
- Bike maintenance with Bike Lab
- Bunting making
- Outdoor living rooms
- Discussion spaces for sharing ideas about how to reimagine our daily lives
- Mini parklets with greenery and seating in parking spaces
- Alfresco dining and picnicking
- Big weave free workshop by The Art Shack
- Guerrilla gardening with recycle boxes
- Peddle power scalextric and smoothie making
- Star Football Academy
- Chalking the road with your vision for a sustainable future
- Yarn bombing, skipping, salsa dancing, fitness classes, seed planting
- Acoustic music
Car Free Days have been in existence for many years. Car drivers are encouraged to leave their cars at home allowing citizens to reclaim streets from the dominant use of road vehicles, a major source of pollutants in urban areas and significant contributors to global warming.
Please note that the road between Warrior Sq and the Pier will be closed from 10am–8pm.
Organised by Transition Town Hastings as part of Sustainability on Sea.